Please give your attention to the following:
(updated: January 28)
- This week is Catholic Schools Week. Check the email sent by the office to see all of this week's extra activities.
- To stay updated on all class happenings be sure to check our class website and the Rediker parent portal. Second quarter report cards were released Friday, 1/27.
- By now, students should have a good handle on their multiplication facts. After Geometry, our math studies will take a big jump.
- Spelling: I have made some adjustments to our Spelling routine. I am trying to improve the students' spelling in their written work. I have added 2 sight words each week (list in the planner) and 2 'surprise' words each week. Those words will follow the spelling pattern of the week. I want the students to get better at "sounding out" words when they spell. The point is not to "trick the students with a difficult word" but to have them use their phonics skills. They really should be able to spell the 'surprise' words.
- Parents, I realize family time is extremely important - especially in this day and age. However, I have been swamped with make-up work requests. On "normal" days, I have very little planning time. Considering that and several other factors, please understand my decision to only post make-up assignments for extended absences on our class website.
- It's always helpful to complete a little Math review at home. Students may bring books home but they must be returned the following day. Using IXL is also helpful. Please feel free to review skills the way it best suits you and your mini hero. Thanks for the support!
-*Be sure you are signing your child's planner each evening. Encourage your student's efforts at organization.
- Check out the current newsletter!! The paper copy lives in the back of your student's HERO binder. I also post it on this site under NewsFLASH HERE .
*Please send in an excuse note each time your student is absent. State law requires these notes. Thank you!
*** NEED SERVICE HOURS?? Check out our class wish list. It's an easy way to help our students and earn your hours!!!
*** Birthday Treats: Please let me know, at least a day in advance, if you would like to arrange birthday treats for your student. Students enjoy birthday treats during the lunch period. The treats should be individually prepared. Please send them in the morning or drop them off in the school office. If you would like, you may also send treat bags. The birthday celebrant will distribute those at the end of the day. Please do not bring them directly to the classroom. Thanks!
- Please label all belongings - especially shirts, sweaters, and sweatshirts. When the air condition is on, the room is chilly. The students always need to have a St. Columba sweater or sweatshirt with them. It can just stay in the backpack.
THANKS and now back to your regularly scheduled super lives!!